Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy is my own Prince





Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy is the kind of person that you imagine behind solid wooden houses to play guitar alone only with animals around him to wonder what is the nature of human consciousness.
Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy who was Will Oldham (his original name) in the past he’s released LPs under several different names as Palace name Palace Brothers, Palace Songs, Palace Music and so on.
Stephen Mitchelmore mentions “ that the listener is presented with a paradox that never quite lets you forget where you are and what you’re doing, even if it at the same time seduces in every musical sense. As our culture ignores what is left over from such failed transcendence, we are prompted to feel individual consciousness is a problem to be solved. I don’t think it needs to be. In fact, it is likely that this failure to fly away is precisely what gives us the richness of life”


“I See a Darkness” song is not simply a good song. Here I offer his lyrics . Johnny cash sing on “I see a darkness”with him .


Well, you're my friend
And can you see
Many times we've been out drinking
Many times we've shared our thoughts
But did you ever, ever notice, the kind of thoughts I got
Well you know I have a love, for everyone I know
And you know I have a drive, to live I won't let go
But can you see this opposition, comes rising up sometimes
That is dread full imposition, comes blacking in my mind



And then I see a darkness
And then I see a darkness
Did you know how much I love you
There's a hope that somehow you
Can save me from this darkness


Well I hope that someday buddy
We'll have peace in our lives
Together or apart
Alone or with our wives
And we can stop our whoring
And pull the smiles inside
And light it up forever
And never go to sleep
My best unbeaten brother
This isn't all I see


Oh no, I see your darkness
Oh no, I see your darkness
Did you know how much I love you
There's a hope that somehow you
You'll save me from this darkness